About M.L. Tarpley
M.L. Tarpley is a kid at heart with an active imagination that she thankfully doesn’t have to rein in when writing quirky novels that she would have loved as a kid. She is also an award-winning journalist who loves to travel the world.
Besides writing and traveling to over a dozen countries, her other interests include hanging out at cool coffee shops, listening to vintage records, going on adventures with her family, and researching dead people in her family from long ago (*cough* it’s called genealogy).
About M.L. Tarpley
Author M.L. Tarpley writes stories of adventure, friendship, and fun that transport kids to amazing places across the world. She is a kid at heart with an active imagination that she thankfully don’t have to rein in when writing quirky novels that she would have loved as a kid. She is also an award-winning journalist and world traveler.
10 Things You Don’t Know about Me
1. World Traveler – I’ve been to 14 countries across the world (many of these more than once) including six visits to Europe.The United Kingdom is one of my favorite places to explore. I’ve been on a dream vacation to Egypt and on an amazing scuba diving trip to Puerto Rico.
2. Bug Eater – On a dare by my tour guide, I ate a termite by an active volcano in a Costa Rican jungle.
3. Sports Enthusiast – I’ve competed as an amateur boxer, played softball, flag football and basketball in intramural leagues and taken karate, gymnastics and fencing lessons.
4. Singer & Actress – I love to sing and act! I’ve performed in plays as a kid and an adult and sang in musical revues and other programs. I also have been an extra on two movies.
5. College Grad – I have degrees in Journalism and Spanish from university. I also took classes in archaeology, singing and dance while I was there.
6. Kid Writer – I wrote my first story at age 6 and my first book at age 12. I’ve always dreamed of becoming a published author.
7. Cat Lover – My favorite animal is a cat. When I was a kid in the country, we had over a dozen pet cats who lived outside around our house.
8. Foodie – My favorite things to eat are Italian food, frozen custard, sour candy and the Louisiana dish called étouffée.
9. Country Girl – I grew up in the middle of nowhere by a lake and went to a very small school where I was the only 4th grade student (AND my Mom was my teacher.)
10. Coffee Lover – My (now) husband and I had our first date at a coffee shop. We love coffee and visiting cool coffee shops when we travel. Our toddler likes to pretend he’s gulping down coffee too. (ha!)
Want a free Young Writer’s Kit?!